During a Family Therapy session, the family has the opportunity to look into an issue that affects them as a whole. Family therapy sessions are recommended to improve communication and to restore the balance within the family.
Sessions in this setting have proven to be efficient and to facilitate family bonding.
Some of the issues that may be addressed are:
- Change in family circumstances (e.g.: new-born, adoptions, divorce, separation, migrations, etc.)
- Disagreement or frequent arguing
- Marital issues
- Victims of traumatic events (e.g.: natural disasters, terrorist attacks, wars, sexual abuse, bullying, etc.)
- Aggressive behaviour
- Lack of trust or respect
- Addictions (e.g.: alcoholism, drug abuse, gambling, etc.)
- To cope with mental disorders, chronic diseases or family members in palliative care.
Why Family Therapy?
- To improve communication and to restore the balance within the family
- Build resources together
- To support a member of the family passing through a difficult moment
- The session offers the space for the family to cope with an issue of a member of the family that is not being able to work on the issue himself or herself as we see in the case of palliative care or psychiatric diseases as well as in addictions, etc.
We know that sometimes it may be difficult to find a specific time that works for all the members of the family to be present at the session therefore, to make things easier, you may choose between onsite family therapy sessions in Brussels or online sessions. If you are not in Brussels, but you still like to have an onsite session, do contact us so we can inform you about our different locations.
All sessions are facilitated by Cecilia Altieri. If you are in a different location than ours, we may be able to refer you to a Family Therapist closer to you.
If you have any questions or to book a Family Therapy session, please visit our Contact page or fill in the form below: