During Couples Therapy sessions, the couple has the opportunity to look into an issue that affects them as a whole. Couples therapy sessions are recommended to improve communication and to restore the balance within the couple.
Sessions in this setting have proven to be efficient and to facilitate bonding.
Some of the issues that may be addressed are:
- Fertility issues
- Disagreement or frequent arguing
- Lack of trust or respect
- Affairs, infidelity
- Breakdown in communication
- Issues related to sexuality
- Change in the couple’s circumstances (e.g.: new-born, adoptions, separation, migrations, etc.)
- Anger or aggressive behaviour
- To cope with mental disorders, chronic diseases or having a partner in palliative care.
- Addictions (e.g.: alcoholism, drug abuse, gambling, etc.)
- Life changing events
- Victims of traumatic events (e.g.: natural disasters, terrorist attacks, wars, sexual abuse, bullying, etc.)
Why Couples Therapy?
- To improve communication and to restore the balance within the couple
- Build resources together
- Gain comprehension and new insights by expanding your point of view including all the relevant events/facts.
- To support each other while passing through a difficult moment
- The session offers the space for the couple to cope with an issue that it cannot be sort out individually as we see in the case of palliative care or psychiatric diseases as well as in addictions, etc.
We know that sometimes it may be difficult to find a specific time that works for both members of the couple to be present at the session therefore, to make things easier, you may choose between onsite couples therapy sessions in Brussels or online sessions. If you are not in Brussels, but you still like to have an onsite session, do contact us so we can inform you about our different locations.
All sessions are facilitated by Cecilia Altieri. If you are in a different location than ours, we may be able to refer you to a Couples Therapist closer to you.
If you have any questions or to book a Couples Therapy session, please visit our Contact page or fill in the form below: